Saturday, January 31, 2009

Feeling a Little Left Behind...

I know that there is no prescription to life. That everyone hits their milestones at their own pace, but I can't help but feel a little left behind these days. 
I felt this way a few years ago, when my two bestfriends, B & K, got married. They were suddenly in this marriage club together, while I was still in the dating club. They didn't exclude me in anyway, we just couldn't relate on a certain level. I hadn't even met my husband yet, and had no way of knowing when it would be my "turn." I didn't mind talking about their marriages or issues with their spouses. We're bestfriends who've known each other for decades, it's what we do. Though, I have a feeling there were times when they'd call each other before calling me to talk about their husbands. They could relate to one another. 
A few years later, I got married and we were all in the same club again! A month later, found out B was pregnant. K and her DH had been trying for years, but with no success. Then K did get pregnant, then 5 weeks later I was pregnant. I thought "Yay, we'll all be in the mommy club together now!" 
Well, we know how that turned out- K had her beautiful baby girl two weeks ago, I had a m/c, and now I'm feeling a little left behind again... 

No comments: