Thursday, January 15, 2009

Another One.

Make that 8 pregnancies in my world... I just came back from dinner with my cousin, who just happens to be 9 weeks pregnant. I am ecstatic for her and her husband. I really, really am, but it is so hard to not tell her about my miscarriage. She kept talking about how tired she is, what foods don't sit well with her, etc, etc. She wasn't complaining, just sharing. I kept saying things like "yea, that can be rough" or "oh yea, I understand." It's not like I want to brag about my m/c, I just feel like I was once part of that club too, but my membership card was revoked. I would love to talk openly about what my pregnancy was like, but I can't or won't. Why? Because it doesn't seem fair. I don't want to rain on her parade. Plus, I don't want to be pitied or have her stop sharing because she doesn't want to hurt my feelings- that's so not fair to her. She hasn't had an u/s yet,  and I can't help but be nervous for them. No one should know the pain of losing a pregnancy, and certainly no one should ever know the agony of losing a child, but it happens. I hope that everything goes perfectly for them, and  they have every right to be blissfully unaware of all of that ugliness. 
Though I can't believe there is another pregnancy in my little world...

No comments: