Friday, January 9, 2009

The Count

The Pregnant Friend Count:

1. Best friend, K, due with baby #1: Jan 20th
2. Good friend BA due with baby #1: Feb 26th
3. Good friend K due with baby #1: Mar 1st ***
4. Good friend A due with baby #3: Mar 3rd
5. Work friend T due with baby #1: May 19th
6. Work friend C due with baby #2: May 30th
7. Work friend A due with baby #2: Jun 30th

***My EDD. This friend and I got pregnant on the exact same day. Can you beileve that?!? We both know exactly when we O'd, and we took the HPT on the same day, and called to tell each other the next day!! Unbeliveable....

I just found out about #7 today. I'm very happy for her. She's a little older, and she has been trying since May. She's also been very encouraging with me. Though, there was a slight pang because I was convinced that I was pregnant this last cycle. I was shocked every time the HPT came up negative (I'm a POAS-oholic). Every morning for a week I was so sure I'd get that BFP at some point. Our timing was perfect, my breasts were sore (last time that happened, I was PG), my heartburn was acting up, I was having pelvic twangs AND I was a day late! I'm never late! For the year since I've been off BCP, my luteal phase has never been more than 14 days long. I can always expect my "ladies days" (that is J's euphemism, he is so cute) exactly 2 weeks after I've O'd. Not last cycle, nooooo- my body decided to play a cruel joke. I got my hopes up. I tried not to, but I couldn't help it. I was soooo sure. Alas, Jan 2nd those hopes were dashed to pieces. Adding to that that J will be away for the next 6 months, it was a hard reality. I don't like when he is away, but I get by. I don't mind being alone, but I mind being lonely. I was looking forward to being PG during this deployment, because I'd be less alone, less lonely...

No comments: