Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Next Steps

Today I met with Dr. A, the same doc who gave J his SA results. What a nice man! Even with me being a pretty open person (and having a background in health science = having no problem using the anatomically correct terms for body parts and functions with strangers), I instantly felt very at ease with Dr. A. We talked about my overall health, and J's, then laid out a plan:

Once my next cycle starts...

1) On CD 3 I'll be headed to the lab to have blood draws to test my FSH, thyroid and Prolactin levels.

2) Start monitoring/calculating ovulation more precisely using the Clear Blue Easy Fertility Monitor (hereafter known as CBEFM, 'cause I am not spelling that out every time!), which arrived today - how fitting! PS- Did I mention that I think I ovulated Monday, which was CD 17 and waaaaay earlier than normal??

3) Assuming all my blood tests come back "normal," I'll continue to use the CBEFM through July when J gets home.

4) Dr. A will give J and I three months TTC the "old-fashioned way." If we get PG, great! If not, then he'll schedule me for a HSG and refer us for ART.

Sound good? I think so too, though I'd love to be pushed to the front of the line and put some of that frozen sperm to good use. I kid! No, really I would love for J and I to do this on our own, but I'm anxious. I did feel like a bit of a crazy-lady sitting there talking about my "sixth sense" after hearing that his wife is 31 weeks pregnant after FOUR YEARS of trying (eventually using IVF). Four years, that's insane!! I have no idea how they did that... I'd lose my mind!

So, now I just sit around and wait for my "ladies days" to start. 
Oh, and I need to hit the gym and eat healthier. Did he miss the part where J is gone for 6 months? I always get into a funk when he is gone. I'm lucky if I work up enough energy to do the dishes! Guess some people would call that depression, but that's just me. However, I will do my best! YES I CAN :)

No comments: