Thursday, January 22, 2009

Yup, Another One!

As I'm getting ready for work this morning, my phone rings. It was my close work friend, E. Our conversation went something like this:

Me: "Hey, what's up?"
E: Sobbing, deep breathing "ther-therz-there's two lines!!!!" some blubbering with more crying.
Me: "Oh, E! It's okay, take some deep breaths."
E: "I-I-I've been trying too, bu-but, I can't stop crying! *sniff* What am I suppose to do?!?!" more blubbering, "... don't know *sniff* if I'm ready!"
Me: "E, calm down... I can't really understand everything you're saying."
E: "I-I-I'm, trying not to wake DH" more sniffing. 
Me: "Oh, E, you're gonna be fine, everything will be fine!"
E: "I didn't think it would happen this soon..."
Me: "I know hun, but I think you need to wake up DH... E, this is exciting news!"
E: "I know... I just needed to talk it out."
Me: "This is a good thing, E. Go wake DH and tell him!"
E: "Okay."
Me: "I'll see you in a little while, bye!"
E: "Bye."

Yup, E's around 6 weeks pregnant... Guess my Pregnant Friend Count is back up to 8! Suffice it to say, E was not expecting to get pregnant so quickly. They weren't even officially trying. They were just not protecting and seeing how things went.
I'm so very excited for them, and I'm a bit excited for me too. Why? Because I didn't break down, I didn't shed one tear. I took one deep breath and was fine. I've come a long way!  Of course, I now know that the remote chance I have of being PG this cycle is now null and void, 'cause statistics don't seem to work in my favor ;oP   I'm joking, sort of.
I really did think that this morning: "Well, there it is. Guess it won't be me this month." I even brought E one of my pregnancy books, because I know I won't be needing it anytime soon. Pessimistic, right? BUT, I didn't cry about it, and that says a lot...

No comments: