Saturday, June 6, 2009

Thanks for the Reminder Lady!

That's what I wanted to keep screaming at the dental hygienist who cleaned my teeth today.

[Okay, before I go on my emotional rant I just want to say that this women is totally oblivious to what is happening in my life, could in no way know that her comments stung and was generally just a very talkative, but nice lady.]

So, I sit in the dental chair and a hygienist I have never seen before introduces herself, makes a comment about my teeth looking great, but asked if I was still considering braces (FYI: I've already had braces, but I am the poster child on why it is imperative to wear your retainers!!!!):

Me: "Yea, I'm going to look into it when we get to GA"
Her: "Oh great! Do you have kids?" {sting}
Me: "No, not yet" {sting} (thinking: I hate this question, it is so difficult for anyone who has m/c to answer!) 
Her: "Oh great! {sting} Get the braces now while you still can! Once you have kids {sting} life isn't the same! All your money will go towards your kids {sting}, so you should do it now!"
Me: "Mm, hmm" 
Her: "So, you're gonna take your records with you?"
Me: "Yup"
Her: "You're not going to lose them in the move?"
Me: "No, I'm pretty organized."
Her: "Oh, remember that someday when you have kids! {sting} You'll laugh at how organized you used to be, 'cause once you have kids {sting} everything is chaos!"

There were a couple more thrown in there, but I sort of tuned her out. I wanted to scream: "I'm suppose to have a baby! I'm suppose to be sleep deprived and spit up on! I'd give anything to have a chaotic, disorganized life, and the money that could go towards braces is being saved because my DH and I might have to spend a small fortune on trying to create the child that was taken from us! Now shut-up!"

Okay, emotional rant over.

1 comment:

MJ said...

Oh how we all know how that goes...unfortunately. Funny thing is, I used to be one of those people that asked people if they had kids, when they were going to start trying etc. Hang in there, it will happen.