Thursday, June 11, 2009

Follow-up Appointment

Dr. C is an interesting fellow. I had my follow-up appt with him yesterday, and I was convinced he'd want to do a Lap and "fix" my blocked tube. Well, apparently not. Dr. C is in fact "not concerned one bit" about the right tube. I learned that some dye did flow into the tube. I guess the Radiologist must have seen that when he magnified the images, since he told me he couldn't see anything on the day of the HSG. Anyhoo, Dr. C is not concerned about it... ooookay. I asked him if he was sure in about 50 different ways, he always had the same answer: "you have free flow through one tube, that's all you need. Eventually you might need more intervention, but for now everything looks good." Again I say, ooookay... I'm shocked, but I guess I need someone to pull in the reigns. 

And he constantly repeated the need for J to be checked before moving on. Yes, J's first SA was not so good, but the subsequent SAs from the vials he froze at the outside clinic came back pretty decent. I forgot to bring those reports though and it took some convincing to get Dr. C to believe that I actually know how to read a medical report. In the end, Dr. C agreed to try an IUI this next cycle. At the time I felt like I was being pushy, but looking back I was really being assertive. J doesn't get home until the beginning of Aug, we're moving a few weeks later. Once we move we are SOL since the next closest military IF clinic will be 8 hours away (which Dr. C apparently thinks is a nice little Sunday drive since he kept saying we could drive two states over every cycle!). Plus, I can't just sit around for the next two months and do nothing. I think I'd go out of my mind! Yes, I'm antsy- impatient even, but I don't care. If Dr. C really thinks J is the big issue, wouldn't IUI be the first intervention anyhow? Why on Earth should we sit around doing nothing when this is what's coming down the pipe anyway? 

I don't mean to give the impression that Dr. C doesn't know his stuff, I just think our personalities don't quite mesh. Which, won't matter as long as we can communicate effectively, and if I need to be more assertive to be heard, then so be it!  

No comments: