Saturday, June 20, 2009

Incomplete

I finally have a name for how I feel.
 
I was teaching a Babysitters Training class this afternoon and I realized today that I don't feel complete. It wasn't during the diapering practice or the cradle hold demo, it was while we were watching a video segment called "Hazard Hunt." During the segment the camera pans over this insanely messy house and the kids point out all the dangers. You know what I saw? A life full of laughter, family dinners, boo-boos that need a kiss and story time. And this feeling washed over me. 

I don't feel empty, like how I did after the m/c, but I'm not content either. A little of this may be from J being away, but even when he's home I don't feel quite right. I knew I would never be the same after the m/c and that is true, but this is different. There is this void... just waiting to be filled.


1 comment:

Crysbena said...

I know that feeling oh too well. You're not alone. I hope you find some peace and strength soon. ((HUGS))