Sunday, March 29, 2009

An Up and a Down

The Up: Yesterday was a coworker's 50th birthday, so we all went out to a pub and enjoyed a few drinks and conversation last night. It was a really great time, and I'm so glad that I went. It was nice to hang out with friends, talk and get to know each other better. I stayed waaaaay later than I thought I would. I'm not very social, I get shy or feel insecure really easily so I don't usually put myself in awkward social situations, but I work with some great people, and I really needed it. I really needed to not go home to an empty house, not eat some prepackaged meal. It was just a lot of fun.

The Down: I went to dinner tonight at my friend's, the H family. They're also military and we knew them a little bit in NC. We all moved out here at the same time, and became close friends quickly. Well, it is the 3 year mark and that means we are all moving on and tonight was basically goodbye. And it really sucks. These aren't just friends, they're family, and I am really going to miss them. I'm sure we'll stay in touch, but we'll probably never live in the same place again. I'm just really sad that they're leaving and that we won't be a regular part of each others lives anymore. I know this is pretty typical of military life but that doesn't make it any easier to say goodbye.

1 comment:

Larisa said...

Thanks for your comments on my blog. I'm sorry you are having to move away from friends that close. That sucks.

I was a late ovulator, too. My RE didn't like it, either. I only got pg with IVF, so I guess it sort of became a moot point there.