Thursday, February 5, 2009

CD 3 Blood Work

Since it was day 3 of my cycle, I headed to the lab right after school let out today. Hopefully, Dr. A will call me tomorrow or Friday with the results. Thankfully, I only needed to give one vial of blood and the tech was good at his job! 
Apparently, I have very small veins. This is something I learned after my m/c, as I went to the lab week after week until my hCG hit zero. In fact, today was the first time I'd been back to that lab since Sept. It was hard to remember that the first time I had blood drawn there was to confirm my pregnancy (I didn't actually believe the HPT, even the digital, I wanted medical proof). 
I also played the "Would Be" game while I was there: I would be 36w 1day pg, I would be seeing the doctor every week now, I would be wrapping up at school, I would have toured labor and delivery only a few floors up, etc, etc. Pathetic, I know. I can't help it, my brain just generates all these thoughts. I suppose I could try and start playing a new game, the "Someday I Will": get pregnant again, be excited about increasing betas, carry, deliver & bring home a healthy baby- game. 
It's just taking me time to get there...

No comments: