Friday, October 2, 2009

Completely Unrelated

On a non-baby note, I am in need of a vent!

So, J and I have always passed on going home for Thanksgiving since we go up nearly a month later in Dec. This doesn't bother us, we don't mind since we usually have friends we celebrate with. Well, this year we invited my mom and stepdad because my brother and his pregnant wife flipped holidays since S is due 2 weeks after the New Year, and they didn't think it would be smart to go out-of-town. Makes sense to me, and so I told my mom and stepdad they should come here instead of being alone (they have extended family, but no one immediate near by). So, my mom bought their tickets. Then J decided that it wouldn't be fair to invite only one set of parents and not the others- yes, that is plural since we have my dad & stepmom plus his parents. I disagreed, since everyone else had close family they could be with. J won, and I really didn't think that they'd all come down. Well, guess what? It looks like all SIX parents are coming. I am not happy. Technically we have a place for everyone to sleep, but it will be very cramped- not to mention annoying as f**k. If it were only for 3 days, okay whatever, but since the airport is 1.5 hours away J's parents want to coordinate with my mom, which means they'd be here 6 days!!! I might end up killing someone. I really wish we could just tell the other parents, that it was a fake invite- we really didn't expect them to come, but of course we can't. I tried to express to J's stepdad that Wed-Sat would be best since my mom was really planning on some alone time with me/us. I don't know if it worked. Now, I love my parents and I like J's, but I can only handle so much at one time. I can see getting so annoyed/frustrated/claustrophobic that I explode. Truly, this is a possibility. Plus, my mom and stepdad didn't sign-up for this, and are now contemplating not coming, which I totally understand, but feel terrible about since this whole thing started so they wouldn't spend the holiday alone.

I realize we (actually J) got ourselves into this and we need to deal, I just hope that I will remember this 30 years from now when our children invite us for a holiday!

No comments: