Thursday, July 9, 2009

Something Else to Worry About

The IUI itself went really well. I was actually feeling much more optomitstic on my way to the clinic. I'd been feeling O pangs earlier in the morning, so it seemed like the timing would work out. I reminded myself that when I did get PG last year I O'd on my right (I can get really strong mittelschmerz, in fact I was awoken out of a deep sleep that morning last year). Also, this is the first cycle after the HSG, maybe that helped clear the way a little, who knows! Unfortunately, out of the 85 million sperm that survived the thaw, only 3 million made it through inspection and wash. Could have been worse, could have had nothing after the thaw. How's that for positive? 

Afterwards, I came home, laid down for good measure then headed to my massage appointment. I scheduled this massage because the other day my back started bothering me when I raised my arm. I got to my appointment, started the massage, found out a rib might be popped out of place, and a few minutes later I get asked:

"What's this lump by your spine?" 

My heart stopped. "It's not a knot?"

"Uhhhh, no. Did you know it was here?

"Umm, no."

"Well... it's probably nothing, a fatty tumor maybe. Though, I'd have your doctor check it."

"Umm, okay."

In an instant my sunny outlook has been replaced by spinal cancer and chemo. I am a hypochondriac- you say lump, I think cancer. So, now I get to wait for my docs office to call back to have this lovely lump looked at. Like I needed something else to worry about...

2 comments:

HSMN said...

hi, i don't remember how i stumbled upon your blog but just wanted to share with you that i am also on ovidrel trigger and TTCAL Oct '08 & May '09. have been married for close to 4 1/2 years now and hopefully this works for us and for you guys!

Hanie
www.mungkinbaby.blogspot.com

SS said...

I'll be sending good thoughts your way for this cycle- even if the sperm count wasn't great you definitely have better podds than just sex- and hope you get a quick review of the lump from the doctor and he proclaims it nothing to be concerned about.