Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Not Surprised

Only one dominate follicle... and it is in my right ovary... the blocked side. 

I am so frustrated, but not surprised because this is just the sort of thing my body would do: Oh, feeling optimistic are we? Well, I can fix that *Zap* 

The follicle is a great size @ 22.5mm and my lining looks really good with a triple stripe. None of this makes me feel better. Dr. C said to go ahead with the IUI since it is not impossible that I get pregnant (though not probable), and since we're moving in Sept we might as well use the frozen sperm- why the hell not. I got a shot of Ovidrel today and the IUI will be Thursday. On the very off chance I do get pregnant, knowing my luck it would be ectopic and not only would I lose another baby, but probably a tube as well. I am so pissed at my body right now. I realize other people have had/are dealing with much bigger roadblocks, but I can't help feeling so mad I could scream about this. 

On a different, brighter note, we found out today that close family friends, D & M,  are expecting their first baby around Christmas. I am very happy for them, but I'm also... you know. 

So, it's time for an updated "Pregnant Friend Count"
  1. Work friend A due with baby #2: Jul 3rd ... any day now!
  2. Cousin J due with baby #2: Aug 5th
  3. Cousin K due with baby #1: Aug 21st
  4. Close work friend E due with baby #1: Sep 15th
  5. Sister-in-law L due with baby #2: Sep 21st
  6. Family friend D due with baby #1: Dec 25th
  7. Sister-in-law S due with baby #1: Jan 17th

2 comments:

SS said...

I'm sorry. And don't ever feel you have to worry your issues aren't as bad as others- they are your issues and they are bad for you! I will be hoping you get lucky-

Bethany Lenhart said...

I know that has to be disappointing. I had counted up to 26 people (yes...seriously 26)since December and finally stopped counting because it was so hard...