Sunday, May 3, 2009

Deployments Suck

I am really ready for J to come home. It has only been 3.5 months and he'll be home in about 2 more, which is not very long (especially in comparison to other military units that are gone 12+ months), but I'm hating every minute of it. I'm not sure why this one is so difficult, maybe because of where J is, or because he changed locations and has been incommunicado. He was finally able to call me last week, and he tells me that it'd be great if I sent more emails because he likes opening his mailbox and seeing one there since he is so far from home. I said I'd like that also since he's so far away from me too! It goes both ways. So, earlier in the week I sent a longish message and two days later got 4 sentences back. Okay, not a big deal. Then I write a really long message about my RE appt and a few other things including what meal choice he'd like for an upcoming wedding. J's reply:

Fillet Mignon.

That was it! Nothing else. Not even a "love you" thrown in. Wow. I'm going to assume he was very busy, even though he's always telling me how bored he his. I guess I'm just hurt, and lonely and I can't handle him being emotionally far away AND physically far away at the same time. This sucks.

No comments: