Friday, August 21, 2009

Shock, Awe and Nerves

To say we are shocked is a huge understatement!!! I only tested to stop my crazy imagination from making up PG symptoms. I was having to pee more than the 20 week preggo M who was staying with us, and I kept laughing at myself since there was *no way* I was PG. Then I abruptly started crying over this little thing, and I kept thinking "I'm not really that upset, why am I crying?" but figured it was PMS. Guess not!

J got home Aug 1st, and of course we spent his first few days home making up for being apart the past 7 months :o) I wasn't even using my CBEFM to track my O this cycle. I figured it wouldn't be much fun to put us on a FWP schedule right when the poor guy gets home! Then on Aug 6, CD15, I had O pangs. CDfreaking15!!!! I have not O'd that early in the 2+ years I've been off BCP. CD15 is one full week before I normally O. Crazy.

Here's how it breaks down in my mind:
  • Apparently, BDing every day worked better than an every-other-day schedule. Hmm...
  • It was my left ovary's "turn" (plus I only had mild O pangs, not my usual painful right side pangs) and that's the side open for business.
  • CD15 means fresh egg and lining compared to my usual old, crusty CD22+ egg and lining.
  • We weren't thinking about getting PG at all, just making up for lost time.
  • UPDATED THOUGHTS- maybe the Clomid from last cycle had an impact on how early I ovulated this cycle? Maybe the HSG in Jun helped clear the way a bit?
I'm still in a constant state of shock. I want to be excited, but I am also very nervous. I keep expecting AF to start every time I go to the bathroom. My beta drawn yesterday at 3w6d was 65. Which I think is a pretty respectable number considering how early it is, but the nurse wants another drawn on Monday, which is fine with me! I am keeping my fingers crossed for a number over 260 by then. Please, please, please let everything be alright this time around...

1 comment:

SS said...

Hi! My first beta from my non-ART pregnancy was 45- and I know ti was also earlier than 114DPO (it both my chemical and the pregnancy that gave me my son I tested positive on a pee stick at 10 or 11DPO). I think you'll have a good number on Monday!