Monday, August 24, 2009

2nd Beta...

749!

I was hoping for something around 300! I know it really shouldn't matter (especially since last year my levels reached 38,000 even with no baby) but that number is music to my ears.

It still feels completely impossible that I am pregnant, even though I have the betas and manyHPTs as proof. We are excited, if not a little jaded. I knew that the second time around would not be as carefree as the first, though I am surprised at how optimistic I feel- most of the time. I still have the nagging realities hanging over my head and those are hard to shake sometimes, but I'm doing my best. In a strange twist, I don't feel the same pressure to be perfect this pregnancy. I guess because I know that there was absolutely nothing I could have done differently last time. It is completely out of my control (maybe besides, you know, drinking heavily and doing drugs). I've eaten blue cheese, drank caffeinated coke. I know- I'm a rebel! But last time I was ultra careful and aware of every little thing I ate, drank or did. It's sort of liberating to just take things one day at a time. I'm aware of what could go wrong, but I'm trying to focus on everything that could go right.


Just for fun I took the fancy-shmancy digital HPT too :o)


1 comment:

SS said...

Yay! and kudos to you for relaxing. I am much more relaxed in this pregnancy than last, though even in the last due to numerous failed cycles where I did everything right I actually was more laid back than i thought I'd be. Keep the good updates coming!