Saturday, May 16, 2015

Baby Looks "Great" :)

We had the big anatomy scan this week and according to the doctor "Baby looks great." Phew, so relieved!! Everything looking good on the u/s, plus our negative Serum Integrated 2 results has let me and J breathe a sigh of relief. I feel like we've overcome some big statistical odds and are now into the "normal" realm- where if anything goes wrong from this point on, it's not because of us. I'm still trying to stay positive and not think about all the tragic possibilities that could still occur. Most days I win, but I'd be lying if I didn't have moments where fear takes over. I finally felt comfortable enough after the anatomy scan to announce the pregnancy on Fbook. A day later I shared the gender results :) Any guesses? (pics below) The u/s did show that the cysts are still there and are about the same size as the last scan, so I get to have another u/s on Jun 8, yahoo! (I'm sorry I ever cursed you cysts!)

We also had another big event last week- Ally turned 5 years old! I can hardly believe it. We celebrated with a trip to a nearby Great Wolf Lodge. All of the grandparents met us there, much to Ally's surprise :) It was especially awesome to have everyone there because J is away for work, and as my dad said "it's a good thing she has three grandpas worth of energy!" LOL, yes she is that energetic! We defintely had a lot of fun, and Ally did not want to leave. Not surprisingly, J now wants us to go again when he gets back- I know he feels like he missed out and wants to do something special with her while she is still our only "baby."

Ally has seemed to have taken to the idea of the Baby, and tells people that she is going to be a big sister. She asks when the baby will be ready to come out :) Today she sang to my belly and it was the sweetest thing- melt my heart!


Telling the "world" at 18w5d



Gender reveal at 19w0d



2 comments:

satto said...

YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH!!!! Congrats! So very exciting!!

AP said...

Thank you satto!!! :)